Saturday, February 5, 2011

What's cooking?

I wanted to post a couple pictures showing what I ate today. It was a light day since I wasn't very hungry, I stayed busy, and I ate a couple big meals.

I slept in late and had 'brunch' at home.



Here we have about 5oz of steak that was broiled with some Everyday Seasoning (Trader Joe's) on it; a couple eggs scrambled with some mushrooms and black olives seasoned with onion and garlic powered and black pepper; and a side of broccoli sprayed with olive oil and topped with lemon pepper seasoning. (This is K's plate. The only difference between hers and mine is that I had about 6oz of steak and two eggs over hard. I don't like olives or mushrooms. Blech!)


And for dinner we had some 'sliders' (ground buffalo, onions, Adobo seasoning) with romaine, tomatoes, and avocado. On the side had some sweet potato rounds (recipe linked on the website)





Obviously this was a super light day of eating for me, but I just wasn't hungry and stayed well hydrated. I'm not going to make up for it tomorrow by eating more, but by staying on schedule and eating when I'm hungry.

1 comment:

Myra said...

Hmm. The photos have been more helpful than you might have anticipated, Jen. What I noticed immediately is how substantial your meals seemed in comparison to mine.

The veggies I've been choosing have been leafy greens - spinach, spring mix, baby lettuces, etc. I've been eating humongous bowls of those with lemon juice and EVOO, but still not feeling satisfied. I think I need to eat heavier vegetables more often (or at least add them to my salads so I;m not eating just the leaves).

I've also been snacking frequently because I've been told so often to do it that way to keep my metabolism revved up, and now I'm in the habit of eating so often that I'm hungry when I don't do it that way. Is it really better to eat till you're sated, fewer times a day?