Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pot luck dates

I'd like to have a paleo pot luck the week of March 7th to celebrate - not an end to the challenge, but to new life!

Before everyone goes off and adds beans to their turkey chili, cheese and buns to their hamburgers, and devours the entire case of Ben and Jerry's ice cream at Safeway, I'd like us to share and enjoy some food (paleo and paleo-fied) we made during the challenge, and discuss 'next steps'. If you don't think you can stick to eating paleo 100%, we can talk about what changes you can make to continue a modified paleo lifestyle, how to gradually add the 'banned' foods back into your daily eating routine, and how to look out for warning signs of "gut irritation" that you might not have noticed before.

Here's an example from last night. After completing the Whole 30 a few days ago, which is what I've modeled our challenge from, my girlfriend went and "enjoyed" a Milky Way milkshake from Good Stuff Eatery. Now, those things are very delicious, but if you've been away from sugar and milk and whatever other yummy goodness is in those things, you might be doing some heavy overloading to you digestive system. Needless to say, there was a serious belly ache afterwards, some late night Rolaids, and a 'quick trip' to the bathroom at some point today. I won't get into details about that (and I don't fully know them, and DO NOT want to know them in ANY sort of detail), so I will leave it at that. Let this be a warning!

It'll probably be a small gathering at my place, but I was thinking Saturday late afternoon. Other possible nights are Wednesday and Friday.

Let me know what works for you so we can try to get as many people together as possible.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Nice - but those damn shakes are so delicious. Next time I will share it and not eat the entire thing by myself.

I blame Paige - she told us about those shakes.