Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A place to gather

Hey folks..

Day 2!

I'm starting this up in hopes of having a central location that we can all congregate (group hug!), ask/answer questions, and share ideas on how to get through the day, survive office parties, and learn to cook and enjoy food.

Instead of 'spamming' you with email every day, keep an eye on the blog for some Q&A, recipes, etc. When something new is posted, I'll post a link to it on the CrossFit Capitol Hill Facebook page if you are a Facebook follower, and this will keep you from checking back and hitting 'refresh' every day. For those who aren't on Facebook, just check back at your leisure.

Soooo.. just post questions in the 'comments' section, or email me questions if you want to remain anonymous. I do have a growing list of emails that will now become future blog posts, so hang in there!

I hope you can all answer 'yes' to the following questions:

- Are you tracking your food, sleep, stress, etc?
- Do you know what you're having for dinner tonight?
- Did you pack enough food for today? Did you learn your lesson to pack more after Day 1?

Jen

2 comments:

Myra said...

Great! I look forward to following this blog.

Yes to all questions. See, the problem has never been tracking what I eat or how I exercise (down to the last calorie or running interval), planning healthy meals, etc. For me, the problem has always been resisting the goodies. Y'know, the stuff with lots of sugar and corn syrup.

The only thing in my life that this paleo challenge is really changing: I can no longer go for my co-workers' candy jars or casually down a pint of Ben and Jerry's. This is going to be hard, but I'm truly motivated, both by the 14 pounds I've gained since October and my desire to feel healthy and energetic all the time.

Debbie said...

Thanks Jen! Also yes to all of the questions. Myra, I'm there with you with a sweet tooth :( But today when there was some party at the hospital where I work they put the leftovers on top of the fridge in my office area and typically I dig in...a few times but this time I walked right by! It helps knowing other people are doing this too!

Question for you Jen: I'm traveling for a conference tomorrow night through Wed morning. Saying to no candy and sweets will be one thing but how about dinner at the airport tomorrow and lunches...etc (things that usually involve bread)?