Monday, January 31, 2011

Check in - one week complete

Week one is in the books.

Did you survive?? I hope the answer is 'yes', and I also hope that you're starting to get a sense of how "easy" it is - meats and veggies.

Okay, okay, so there's a little more time involved in getting your meat and veggies together (which I'll go into detail about later), but send in what recipes you've made so others can expand their cooking skills and taste buds.

Take an assessment of yourself - stress, sleep, complexion, clothes, mood, wod results, etc.

Do you notice a change at all? A little more chill or less stressed? Sleeping more soundly? Less stuffy? Pants feeling a little looser? Feeling stronger?

It might be too early to tell, but keep those things in mind over the course of the next few weeks.

And keep filling out your tracking spreadsheet. If you're not sure if you're eating enough or think you're eating too much, send it to me (or give me rights to view it in Google), and I'll give you my unprofessional opinion.

Additionally - be honest! Any penalties? Own up! Write it down, do your penalty workout, then move on. Heck, I ordered a salad from Panera this weekend and asked for it sans cheese, but still found a few speckles of cheese mixed in. Yep. Oh well.

5 comments:

Myra said...

I was fine all last week.

I was fine last weekend.

I was fine yesterday (Monday).

But today... whoo... the hunger hit, big time. And I ate very well all day today - I just kept wanting "more."

Jen, is there a penalty for eating three Larabars for dessert (that was after a full dinner - not a replacement for dinner)?

Debbie said...

Well, I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one. Yesterday almond butter and I had some serious bonding time and today trail mix and I met. Soooooooooo hard sometimes!

Anyway, here's a recipe. Jen gave me the idea of egg cupcakes so I ran with it. I took 6 eggs and mixed them with spinach, tomatoes, rosemary, and avocado. Then made a separate 4 out of 4 eggs with a little unsweetened coconut, few walnuts, and apple pie spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, etc). I'm hoping to use this as a "grab and go" breakfast.

Also, for dinner I made tuna dressed with balsamic vinegar, garlic, and ginger. I just cooked it in a pan with vegetable oil. Very yummy!

Jen said...

Myra - that would be a 5 point day of eating. Tsk, tsk! ;) It's okay to go to bed a little hungry, but if you want a little dessert, try a small bowl of fruit with a little coconut milk topped with cinnamon. Don't OD on it nor have it every night.

Emily said...

The first week is usually rough for me but it wasn't too bad this time. I did have to change the channel a few times over the weekend after I caught myself watching - and drooling - over some pies and cookies on a cooking show on PBS. Being on a fairly strict grocery budget in a way helps curb any cravings because I buy what I plan on eating for the week and that's it. I know I can't eat out of what I have allotted for lunch/dinner/snacks for the week because.....that's it. Drinking a lot of water helps, the occasional hot tea at work, and just resting; either getting extra sleep or relaxing and reading before bed. So far so good. I am enjoying finding new recipes and I have realized I still do not like tuna fish. Blech! I also miss bacon in the morning for breakfast. :( Hopefully I can find something without sugar, but if not leftover chicken with breakfast is very good.

Myra said...

Emily - "the first week is usually rough for me?" You've done this a few times in the past? It didn't become a permanent way of living? Is there any hope for perfection over the long term?